start with yourself

The following is inscribed on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop in Westminster Abby (1100 A.D.)

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.

But it, too, seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.

And now, as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country, and who knows, I may have even changed the world.

:)



image: frm the depths of my pc

21 Comments:

.mini said...

good that she realized it before she died and good that you've posted it
i like what it says
i like it a lot

Anonymous said...

Very true...its always easy to say somebody else is doing it so why cant I, trying to change yourself is hard, although well worth trying....

lead by example...

Anonymous said...

i even read it in a self help book and these lines was my inspiraton whenver i felt down. Its good u posted it here.

BubbleToes said...

ditaur n fendril: ein :S

mini: yeah, i lykd it a lot 2. which is y i wantd to share it wit u guys :). 10nx:)

anony: it is hard but always worth tryin :). tru

shaha: :)

US GIRLS said...

yeah, i do start with myself, and my family just can't seem to see an example in me.. (was dat just me?) and please check out my NEW POST!!!!

Lavendergirl said...

inspiring words =D

callι guяl said...

very true. very very true.
and if i were to change the world, i wud become a killer and kill that godamned bush.

btw, bloggy updated...after e longh timeh.

~ange|~ said...

nice article:D n btw u've got cute pics.. i like them:D

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.

Shaari said...

ok bubbletoes, now go change yrself!!!! :-)

Muuthi said...

Oooo...nice nice..ekamu y dont u add a cbox??
XD..XD

đєuиħøłүguy said...

ey kwl blog inge bubble toes

đєuиħøłүguy said...

hey kwl place u gt here

kaiza shozey said...

never have goals thats too far out of reach. always start simple and slowly expand.

MYSTIQUE said...

dats a nice piece of writin...i like wat it says!

Muuthi said...

koool kool...no updates the now???

callι guяl said...

WHERE ARE U?

Anonymous said...

for a second there thought u were dying .... 0.o
hehehe

Shaari said...

bubbly? u alive???

Nishy said...

woah!this is awesome shit! who are you?

Nishy said...

woah! this is awesome shit! who are you?